DIY Daily Christian Prayer Journal for Women
If you are like me, you are one busy Momma! I am always in the middle of something, and sometimes I don’t ask God to be “in the “middle of something” with me. He is always there, but He does desire us to communicate our needs to Him, and He desires our presence.
I get busy, and when I lay down at night, I might only pray a portion of what I really intended to speak to God about. Or, my mind gets cluttered and wonders off, and I am not focused. I have found that if I write my prayers down, my mind stays right where it should, on God!
Another reason I love to write out my prayers and do Bible journalling is because I can look back and see how I have grown spiritually over time; I can see prayers with answers and Bible verses that meant so much to me all in one place!
There are many ways to make a Diy prayer journal. First, you just need a notebook. It can be a spiral-bound book, or you can use a single sheet of paper and put it in a folder. Whatever you have on hand will work! I have prepared a free printable that I have used! We can talk about it later!
Once you have what you want to write on, you need to have things you want to include. You can include all of these ideas or just a few!
- You will want to Date the entries so years from now, when you go through them, you can see where you started.
- Daily Bible verse – a verse that is on your heart today or a verse from your devotions
- Pray, – ask God to bless your time with Him and ready your heart.
- Gratitude – The Lord loves a thankful heart! List four or five things you are grateful for that day! It helps to put your blessing right in front of you! (This is a good thing for mental health also!)
- Decisions – If you have important decisions that you are making today, ask God to guide you through them.
- Growth – How would you like God to help you grow closer to Him or spiritually or in your character … anyway that you want God to help you mature.
- Prayer requests – write out all the prayers in your heart, people that you wish the Lord to help, situations, current events, your leaders, and there is always something to pray for.
- Praise God for who He is – God is deserving of all praise! Tell Him you love Him for who he is, the Creator of heavens and earth.
You will also want a section or page to look at weekly and journal your thoughts on how the previous week went for you, sort of like a summary of the week. It can be all your prayer requests from each day on one list or all the things you were grateful for together.
To be honest, you know how much time you have, and you will want to spend as much time as possible speaking to the Lord. If you have more time, include more areas. You need to know what you can do so that you stay consistent!
Your DIY prayer journal doesn’t need to be done every day! You decide the frequency! It could be 2 or 3 times a week or even once a week. There are many times I need to just pour my heart out to Jesus, and I don’t want it to be structured. I want to lay my heart out and talk to Him.
I have prepared a free printable for you to use as your Diy prayer journal. Print off the sheet and keep them together in a folder or paper clip. You can even staple them together if you wish. It is just a guide to get you started! I tried to think of everyone, so I did not add all the sections. Some people may be too busy.
If you would like a copy sent to you, please fill out the form below to be added to my email list and comment that you would like the DIY Daily Christian Prayer Journal for Women. I will send it to you right away!
I pray this helps you grow closer to God! He really doesn’t desire anything fancy; He wants your love and a relationship with you!
If you do not know God as your Lord and Savior, I would be happy to tell you how to ask Him into your heart. A mighty verse in the Bible is so well known that people put it on signs at concerts, football games, and t-shirts, anywhere! It is
Jesus came to earth and died to save you from sin. After three days, He rose from the grave and sits with God. He will return to gather His church and take us all home to be with Him forever! You only need to do two things to be saved.
- Ask for forgiveness
- Believe He came, He died, He rose and is returning.
I will write a prayer here that you can believe and pray in your heart, or you can use it as a guide to say your own prayer.
Jesus, I know I have done wrong things in my life, and I ask you to forgive my sins; I want to be close to You and live with You for all eternity in Heaven. I believe that You are the Christ and that you came to save everyone; I believe you rose from the grave and will return to gather your children. I want you to be my Lord and Savior. Please come into my heart, and I will give it to you today. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
I hope you prayed with me! If you accepted Jesus today, please send me a note so I can welcome you as my Brother or Sister in Christ! I would love to rejoice with you!
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please like and share this post on social media!
Blessings and Love!