Easy Blog Ideas For Beginners
Long and Short Reviews organizes a weekly Wednesday blogging Challenge each year. Every Wednesday, bloggers participate by writing a post about that week’s topic. It is fun to go to each site and see all the different answers! You can find out more about the challenge and see the list of topics here. I am honored to participate each week! Check back here every Wednesday!
TOPIC – Something I am proud of doing
Easy Blog Ideas For Beginners
Several years ago, I dreamed of starting a blog. I had been deemed disabled and was no longer working. Self-doubt set in, and I just abandoned the thought altogether.
I have had very rough patches that stem from childhood abuse in every form you can imagine. I don’t want to share too much detail here because I want everyone to be able to read my post. If you are interested, you can click here to read my story.
Fast forward a few years, and I was in a deep funk! My husband James was trying to encourage me, asking, “What do you want to do? Pick something important to you and DO IT!” Well, my mind flew back to wanting to blog.
I went through this massive list of reasons I could not do this blog. My husband, James, stomped them all down. He encouraged me right away and told me to get started.
So in August of 2022, The Butterflies and Tulips Blog was born! My first article was posted on August 19th. It is the article that is referenced above, Uncover my Account in the Journey of my Life. I have contemplated rewriting it a zillion times but have yet to.
Beginning this blog is something I am proud of doing.
I want to offer some blog ideas
This list is some generalized things involved in the blogging process. I will not go into each of them, but I want to touch on the first one. I must say that a lot of people make blogging look easy.
I am sure you have seen those fancy pins on Pinterest that say, “Make six figures in your first year of blogging.” I can tell you that it is NOT TRUE!!
Blogging is a lot of dedication and work. There is technical stuff that people say you don’t need to know, but that is also not true! You need some basic knowledge to get yourself up and to run (unless you spend the big bucks on hiring a web designer)
Here are some basic beginning steps:
- Choose a niche or topic that you are passionate about and knowledgeable about. This will make it easier for you to create content and attract an audience.
- Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Consistency is key when it comes to blogging, so make sure to post new content regularly.
- Use keywords and optimize your blog for search engines. This will help your blog rank higher in search results and attract more traffic.
- Promote your blog on social media platforms and engage with your audience.
- Use visuals, such as images and videos, to make your blog more engaging and exciting.
- Be authentic and transparent with your audience. Share your personal experiences and insights to build trust and establish a connection with your readers.
- Lastly, be patient and persistent. Building a successful blog takes time and effort, but you can achieve your goals with dedication and hard work.
Choose a niche or topic that you are passionate and knowledgeable about
This first step is really a tricky part for some people. I am in several beginner bloggers’ Facebook groups, and this is a top question: How do I pick my topic?
These are some answers I have seen and recommend when people ask how they should decide on their blog topic or niche.
- Interest: Pick a topic you are genuinely interested in and passionate about. This will make it easier for you to create content and keep your blog going in the long run.
- Knowledge: Make sure you have a good understanding of the topic you’re writing about. Knowing your subject matter will help you create valuable and informative content for your readers.
- Audience: Consider who your target audience is and what they’re interested in. You’ll likely attract and retain readers if you can write content that speaks directly to their needs and interests.
- Competition: Research the competition in your chosen niche. See what other blogs are doing, what kind of content they provide, and what gaps you can fill in the industry.
- Growth potential: Consider your chosen topic’s potential for growth and expansion. A niche with room for expansion will give you more opportunities to create new and diverse content.
Ultimately, choosing a topic, you’re excited to write about and feel you can provide value to your audience is the most important thing. A topic that you enjoy and have knowledge of will make the blogging journey more enjoyable and rewarding.
Conclusion to Easy Blog Ideas For Beginners
I am not an expert by any means (yet! I plan to be!) I am a new blogger, considering I am still working on my first year. I suggest that anyone who wants to start a blog does research first and join some Facebook groups.
The two groups that I recommend are:
Both of these groups have helped me beyond measure!
Please let me know if you have questions about starting your blog! I will help and direct you to others who will also help!
If you are reading this article anywhere else on the web, it belongs to The Butterflies and Tulips Blog at butterfliesandtulips.com. The author of the blog you are reading from has posted it without my permission. If you enjoy this article, please click here.
14 responses to “Easy Blog Ideas For Beginners”
I’m so happy you have found something that makes YOU happy! We should all have that blessing in our lives. For me it’s crafting and playing the Sims. I always enjoy your blogs.
Yes! I love seeing other people’s blogs. (I honestly kind of miss the days when that was one of the primary ways of interacting with people online.)
My blog is what kept me linked to the book world when I couldn’t be in it in any way. It changed over the years, but I would not be here without it.
this is a great post with a lot of fantastic insight.
Congratulations on the blog and good for sticking it out! It’s hard work.
Keep on keeping on, I’ve been blogging for over 20 years. It’s a great medium for communication.
I agree, Danielle, consistency is key. You just have to keep at it. Great Post!
I hope more people do start blogging. I love reading people’s thoughts about the world. 🙂