This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
Anxiety can absolutely mess up your sleep! When I have anxiety, my mind is on a roller coaster racing downhill, and my thoughts are all on my worries, making it so hard to relax and fall asleep. How about you?
Anxiety can also cause physical symptoms, such as a racing heart or muscle tension, which can make it difficult to get comfortable and stay asleep.
Additionally, at times my anxiety and mental health cause nightmares and night sweats. It is extremely difficult to feel rested. If anxiety goes unchecked, it can cause sleep disorders, such as insomnia.
When you do not get quality rest, your anxiety can get on a horrible hamster wheel! You can’t sleep because you have anxiety…anxiety keeps you from fully resting. It is a never-ending cycle.
You can break this pattern, though. You can use relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and yoga to minimize anxiety and help you sleep better.
You may also want to talk to your healthcare providers about your sleep situation. My therapist always has terrific ideas to help me to relax.
Establish a Bedtime Routine
Those who know me know I struggle (I am saying seriously struggle) with a bedtime routine. This post is directed at all my anxious friends and ME. I have talked to my Therapist about this extensively and also have done tons of research on my own.
You are taking the first step right now to helping yourself! Researching and talking to other people that are experiencing the same problems will give you all kinds of information. Read on! I have a lot to share with you. Please note I am not a therapist. I am speaking out about what helps me. Please always consult a professional if you have questions about your mental health.
Here are five reasons why you want a solid bedtime routine
- Reduces stress levels: A bedtime routine can help you relax and wind down before going to bed, reducing your stress levels and allowing you to fall asleep faster.
- Improves sleep quality: A regular bedtime routine can help you create a sleep schedule and sleep rhythm, leading to better sleep overall.
- Promotes mindfulness: by doing relaxing activities before bedtime, such as breathing exercises with the Calmigo device, you can promote mindfulness that helps you focus on the present moment, which reduces feelings of anxiety.
- Increases feelings of calm and control: Having a bedtime routine can provide structure, helping you feel more in control and achieve calm, even when you are super stressed.
- Decreases racing thoughts: calming activities before bedtime can help you quiet your mind, reducing racing thoughts and making it easier to fall asleep.
My Calmigo Reviews
Before we jump into how to create the perfect bedtime routine, I want to talk to you about Calmigo, the smart calming companion, this handheld device has been clinically tested and has shown promising results in reducing anxiety levels and promoting relaxation. According to clinical studies veterans, the CalmiGo device has been shown to be an effective tool for managing symptoms of anxiety and stress.
I was given an awesome opportunity to be gifted the device. I have had it for a few weeks and have been using it regularly. I can honestly say that I LOVE it! I can understand that it has 4.9-star calmigo reviews.
Calmigo uses three steps to reduce anxiety within 3 minutes. I haven’t used a stopwatch on this, but honestly, I don’t think it even takes that long. The steps are
- Personalized Breathing Regulation
- Multi-Sensory Stimulation
- Calming Scents
I am going to give you the information I have from correspondences with the company, their website, and the guide, and then tell you in my own words how it works to improve my mental health condition.
Personalized Breathing Regulation
CalmiGo’s patented technology guides you to regulate your breath according to your unique breathing pattern effortlessly. After just a few breaths, the parasympathetic nervous system is activated and decreases your stress hormone levels.
My words: When you set up the device, it creates your normal stress-free breathing pattern one exhale after another. When you use it when you are having a panic attack, it calms you down by guiding you through your own pattern. There are lights and vibrations that help you go back to that normal pattern and let you know you are on track.
CalmiGo detaches you from a stressful state by activating four of your senses as a grounding technique: you see the lights, smell the calming scent, feel the vibration and the sensation of the device in your hand, and hear the vibration sound.
My words: This information is right on. When focusing on the device, I think more about that than my heart racing or my hands shaking. I intentionally notice all these things, the lights, the smell, and the vibrations. It pulls my mind away from the triggers.
CalmiGo uses pure aromatherapy oil to activate parts of your nervous system that induce relaxation and a calmer state. Our scented plates are made using a unique technology of solidifying pure oils, thus making sure that no substances or drugs are involved.
Aromatherapy is a holistic practice that uses essential oils to influence our scents how we feel physically, emotionally, and mentally.
My words: The scent that I selected is lavender. They have Lavender, Peppermint, and Bergamot. I love the scent of lavender. It is super relaxing and does wonders for me.
The best part of this is: It’s totally drug free! I know a lot of people that do not want to use medication for anxiety. I understand that stance, and I feel everyone should be able to choose their treatment. The Calmigo device achieves its goals with no prescription.
On the official CalmiGo website, a clinical study was conducted with 84 participants and the results showed that 92% of the participants experienced a reduction in anxiety levels after using the device.
Additionally, 88% of participants reported feeling more relaxed after using the CalmiGo. These statistics demonstrate the potential effectiveness of the CalmiGo device in managing symptoms of anxiety and stress.
I just got word that a special discount is exclusive to my audience! You can get a deal when you use coupon BUTTERFLIESANDTULIPS0502 at checkout.
Creating a Calming Bedtime Routine with the Calmigo Device
Ok! Now let’s get to the bedtime routine. Here are the steps I have researched and talked over with my Therapist.
- Wind down: Set aside 30 minutes to an hour before bed to go from the day’s activities to being relaxed. During this time, you can read a book, listen to calming music, write in a journal, or meditate.
- Prepare for bed: Get into your jammies, brush your teeth, and use the bathroom to make sure you’re comfortable for the night ahead.
- Use the Calmigo device: I use this at night before I start my usual thought pattern of “I can’t sleep” I am in a more positive state of mind because I know I am taking steps to be relaxed.
- Meditate or visualize: Spend 10-15 minutes meditating or visualizing a peaceful scene. This can help quiet your mind and ease any racing thoughts or worries. My Therapist calls this visiting my happy place. It seriously helps me in more than just bedtime.
- Write in a journal: Spend 5-10 minutes writing down your thoughts in a journal. Journaling is a fabulous way to dump all the garbage out of your mind and keep happy memories at the same time. I generally try to journal in the afternoon and at bedtime.
- Turn off electronics: Turn off all electronic devices, including phones, tablets, and computers, at least an hour before bed. I HATE this one!! Here is my downfall. I do not want to turn them off, BUT I am told that the light stimulates your mind and keeps you from resting. My Therapist is telling me to plug my cell phone in the living room because I check it at night.
- Get into bed: Once you’re feeling calm and relaxed, climb into bed and get comfortable.
Using Your Free Sleep Journal Sheet
I made you a free gift! It is a Daily Sleep Journal Sheet, and here is why it is useful.
A sleep journal records your sleep habits and patterns, including information about bedtime routines, sleep quality, and anything that may be affecting your sleep. Keeping a sleep journal can be a useful tool for improving sleep and managing panic attacks.
Here are some reasons why a sleep journal can be helpful:
- Improves sleep awareness: By keeping a sleep journal, you can become more aware of your sleep habits, patterns, and any factors that may be affecting your sleep quality.
- Identifies patterns and triggers: By tracking your sleep over time, you can identify patterns and triggers that may be affecting your sleep, such as stress levels, caffeine intake, and physical activity.
- Helps with problem-solving: By identifying the factors that may be affecting your sleep, you Can work on finding solutions to improve sleep quality, such as adjusting your bedtime routine or incorporating the Calmigo breathing device.
- Supports stress management: Writing down your thoughts in a sleep journal can help you with emotions and reduce stress levels, leading to better sleep.
- Improves sleep habits: By tracking your sleep and bedtime routines, you can see any patterns or routines that may be negatively affecting your sleep and make changes to improve your sleep.
Here is what you will find in your sleep journal
- Date and time: Keep track of when you go to bed and when you wake up.
- Bedtime routine: Write down your activities before bed, such as reading, taking a bath, or meditating.
- Sleep quality: Rate the quality of your sleep on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being poor quality and 10 being excellent.
- Physical symptoms: note any physical symptoms you experienced, such as headache, muscle tension, or racing heart.
- Mental state: Record how you were feeling mentally before bed, including any worries or concerns that may have affected your sleep.
- Morning mood: Note how you felt when you woke up, including any physical or emotional symptoms.
By keeping track of these, you can start to see patterns and make connections between your bedtime routine, sleep quality, and overall well-being. This information can also be helpful in talking with a healthcare provider.
Conclusion to Reasons The Calmigo Device Needs To Be Tested By You
I highly recommend the Calmigo device. I am using it on a regular basis now, and I can see great improvement in my anxiety. I use it throughout the day whenever my anxiety spikes, but it’s the most significant help at night when I’m trying to settle into bed.
I can’t quite put into words the way the scent, sound, and vibration combine to take your thoughts away from your triggers. It truly works! The device is an excellent addition to my arsenal against anxiety.
Calming anxiety before bed is a must for me. I always take time to meditate and unwind before I even go into my room at night.
I hope you use my list here to help create your own bedtime routine.
I urge you to go take that Calmigo quiz!! It’s super quick and has fantastic information. I love quizzes anyway! If it is right for you, I invite you to take that opportunity to check it out for yourself. The results will impress you. Do not forget the coupon BUTTERFLIESANDTULIPS0502 to get an exclusive discount when you shop.
Leave me a comment on which parts of my bedtime routine you plan to incorporate.
One response to “Reasons The Calmigo Device Needs To Be Tested By You”
I hear you on the electronics at bedtime. However, I actually use mine to put me to sleep. I watch ASMR videos that are super helpful. I’ve always had trouble falling to sleep and the videos really make a difference. The device you mentioned sounds sort of similar in how it helps with sleep. It’s cool that there is help out there for those of us who have trouble sleeping.